We live in uncertain times.
To remain competitive and relevant, companies, organisations and individuals must be able to adapt and respond to changes and disruptions driven by society, technology, competition, regulation, world economy and climate. Managing uncertainty, it is often a challenge to identify the most feasible, viable and desired path and value propositions forward. The way companies drive change and innovate may differ a lot. Some need help to understand why, how and what to do. Some understand it all but still lack the capacity or have no time to get started or simply think.
We are all co-responsible designers for the future of work.
”When the world is predictable you need smart people. When the world is unpredictable you need adaptable people” -Henry Mintzberg
No organization or individual can be fully prepared for unanticipated changes. However, the most resilient ones find ways to expect the unexpected, sense and rebound quickly, by adapting, when and if something occurs, to benefit from emerging opportunities while also protecting their current base. Mastering questioning and scenario planning are two ways of doing this. They do this as part of their DNA. They do it to focus on productivity and value, not efficiency and cost. They do it to close the productivity gap, to keep up and stay relevant.
We have reached a point where any company, organisation and public institution must work this way. If we want to survive and thrive in a volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous (VUCA) environment, we must not stand still but rather challenge status quo, all the time. We can’t ignore the risk of complacency and stagnation. Fact is, we must alter, transform, rebuild and adjust or value propositions and supporting business models as nature does, and continue to do so over and over and over …
Irrelevant if you aim to change or run the company, you still must explore and exploit new ideas
KLINGEReyes divide the leadership focus of investment into two buckets, run the company or change the company, while continuously exploring or exploiting new value propositions to mitigate disruption and uncertainty and adapt the organisational capability with an engaged workforce that stays a bit longer to drive overall productivity.
KLINGEReyes use an approach to empower you to (re)design a fit (or multiple) business model(s) and its adapted capabilities to deliver new and desired value propositions. The target agile approach is sense-and-respond to avoid said ignorance, complacency and stagnation. Any organisation should see itself as a cloud service, releasing new versions of themselves all the time, with an innovation portfolio, testing it all to fail faster, capturing data, telling the story as it is created, together with the market or its clients.
KLINGEReyes add value value along three phases for each of these cycles: inception (getting started), innovation (business modelling and value proposition design) and the actual adaption (organisational re-design and operational deployment):
- To succeed you need a curious and supportive culture, stakeholder mandate and framework to actively sense new and relevant insights (internal or external) that will impact the business, to identify threats or opportunities as early as possible and/or to challenge all current assumptions and holy cows you take for granted.
- To succeed you need an innovative approach to business modelling. reallocating resources, revamping processes, filling capability gaps, and aligning the company’s structure and governance.
- To succeed you need to design and capture new value by, revising business models and restructuring relationships with other players in various ecosystems.
- To succeed you need to adapt your organizational capabilities needed to create and capture value, monitoring, testing and assessing progress— while also preparing for the major disruptions that require a more comprehensive overhaul.
Only adaptive enterprises stay relevant, survives and prosper. Darwin called called the survival constraint; the survival of the most adaptive.
Experience and Inspiration
There are many proven frameworks in service and business design with similar agile approach. (Here IDEO).
We do believe it helps if the company or organisation revisit their overall narrative and overall share their story. On your continued innovative road forward there will be bumps as you aim to fail as fast as possible, to learn faster; to succeed faster. We embrace Strategyzer approach to innovation and business value by design:
”The noble art of getting started”
The opposite of procrastination or ignorance is a next step and whatever triggered it; an idea, an insight, an assumption, the challenge of an assumption, a compelling reason to act, an informed decision, non-met needs.
To succeed one must leverage curiosity and imagination using relevant questions in order to draft a new or refined value proposition.Is there a disruption? What capabilities will be needed? What is your point of departure? Where are you heading? What defines your market? True inception triggers innovation by challenging status quo, powered by curiosity. Da Vinci sought answer to questions that inform his inventions, ideas and creations:
– Question your assumptions
– Challenge your beliefs
– Reconsider prevailing wisdom
– Ask “Why?”
– Ask “Why not?”
Our inception services may cover a combination of areas leading to a next step in your journey:
- your narrative
- your point of departure
- your heading and focus going forward
- challenge assumption
- how you create value your today
- relevant assessments
- business case variables for change
- scenario planning
- curiosity strategy
- disruption agenda
- pandemic agenda
We frame this using coaching, consulting, facilitation, inspiration, advisory services and storytelling.
”The noble are of crafting compelling value propositions by design with a supporting viable business model.”
Innovation is the opposite of complacency.
Service innovation should be market driven and have full business support from the start in terms of structure and culture. Naturally a company or an organisation has a portfolio of new or refined value proposition in their portfolio to be explored, risk minimized and finalized continuously with a relentless focus on client needs Test. Relearn. Test. Exploit. Next release.
Our innovation services include but are not limited to:
- innovation framework
- (re)design and test of new and old value propositions
- business (re)modelling
- market driven research & innovation
- innovation portfolio management
- innovation road-map
- capability requirement agenda
We deliver this using a combination storytelling, advisory, coaching, consulting and/or interim.
The noble art of survival; the survival of the most adaptive.
Adaption is the opposite of stagnation.
You simply must update your organizational capability for the total workforce and the organisational design to deliver your target business model. You must master the art of skills & capability management and focus on what is core to deliver value and scale productivity. Work your ”start to” with ”stop do”. Drive change supported by business and people metrics. Focus on service value. Have long term aspirations. Align the HR and sales agenda.
Our adaption services include but are not limited to:
- disruption of HR & marketing beyond the cloud
- disruption of B2B sales vs market places agenda
- drive sales as trusted advisory
- embrace augmented reality (AR)
- organisational (re)design – the social adaptive enterprise
- coordinated culture and change management
- customer / employee engagement experience
- beyond the cloud
- HR analytics / Business HR score card
- total workforce capability and skills management
- strategic HR in practice
- value framework
- KPI framework
- engagement framework
- cloud HRtech benefits realization